Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Lilly Faye's Movie Review: Hunger Games: Catching Fire, starring Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, and Liam Hemsworth




Dear Readers,


Dizzie and I just watched Hunger Games: Catching Fire, starring Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, and Liam Hemsworth.

Donald Sutherland, Stanley Tucci, Woodly Harrelson, and the late Philip Seymour Hoffman also have pivotal roles. The story is from the book, Catching Fire, by Suzanne Collins.


Dizzie: It's about human spontaneous combustion!

Lilly Faye: No it's not.

Dizzie: Then why do their clothes keep bursting into flames?




Lilly Faye: The fire is symbolic. They are flames of hope. 

Katniss, the heroine, is a threat to the oppressive, controlling regime, because she gives the downtrodden people hope for a better future.




Dizzie: Who keeps giving her arrows? That's what I want to know. She never runs out of arrows!

Lilly Faye: I really enjoyed looking at the elaborate hair and costumes.

Dizzie: I kept worrying about Katniss. I hope she survives.



Lilly Faye: Katniss is the heroine, Diz. Suzanne Collins wrote three books, but Hollywood is making four movies out of them, and Catching Fire is only the second movie. That should tell you something.




Dizzie: Well, it would be a shame if she doesn't live to see the end of the story, that's all I'm sayin'.




Lilly Faye: Dear Readers, let's not spoil it for him.




Dizzie: I fell asleep after the two hour mark, so I might have missed something. It's a loooong movie.




Lilly Faye: I thought I heard snoring! 

It's time to rate the movie, Diz. 

Movie Rating: Two paws up for the themes of hope and courage in the face of tyranny, exciting action sequences, and excellent visuals.

Love,
Lilly Faye

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!