Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Friday, May 9, 2014

Lilly Faye's Guide to Business: Learn to Delegate (Part 2 of 3)



Dizzie: The Boss finally put me in charge of the blog while she's off having her hair and nails done. I can hardly believe my good fortune.

This is my chance to show her how smart she was to hire me as her blog intern, even if she doesn't pay me.




Dizzie: The Boss said absolutely no posting to the blog, I'm only supposed to monitor the comments and email.

Just my luck, it's a slow day in the comments section. I'll check the blog's email account.

Here's an email from Amazon. They're having a big sale on office supplies, for a limited time only. Maintaining office supplies is usually an intern's job, isn't it? I'll just have a look.




Dizzie: Say, these are nice pens. I wonder how many are in a gross? I'll put two in the cart, just in case.

And printer paper...what a deal. I think I'll order two cases to go with the pens.

I might as well throw in a couple of boxes of Beefy Bones and a bag of oinkies for myself, while I'm at it. I'm sure the Boss won't mind. 




Dizzie: Online shopping is an amazing invention. They don't even ask for money! All I have to do is enter the Boss's passcode and click the button. It's almost too easy!

The Boss is going to be so impressed with my initiative.


A few hours later...




Lilly Faye: Dizzie, I'm back!

Dizzie: You look real nice, Boss, and you smell good, too.




Lilly Faye: I feel like a new Poodle. Thanks for watching the blog, Diz. I just came by to pick up my login code book and see how you got along on your own. Did you have any problems?

Dizzie: Nope. No problems, Boss.

Lilly Faye: Good. You can take the rest of the afternoon off. I'm going home to take a nap.




Dizzie: I wonder if I should have told her to expect a UPS delivery?

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!