Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Lilly Faye's Guide to Business: Benefits Are Key to Employee Retention (Part 2 of 4)




Lilly Faye: Hi Cali.

Cali: Hey, how you doin' Lilly Faye?

Lilly Faye: Being a boss is turning out to be more of a headache than I expected. If Dizzie doesn't get his act together soon, I may have an opening for a new unpaid blog intern. Are you interested?






Cali: I'd love to be neighborly and help you out Lilly Faye, but I'm on guard duty pretty much 24/7. I really don't have time to take on another job. Thanks for thinking of me, though.






Lilly Faye: Well, do me a favor and don't mention this to Dizzie.

Cali: Don't worry about that. Dizzie and I aren't exactly water bowl buddies. 


Later...





Lilly Faye: Dizzie, I've been thinking. I still can't offer you a salary, but I do want to give you an incentive to keep working for me. How would you feel about an all-expenses-paid beach vacation, courtesy of the blog?






Dizzie: Seriously, Boss? Oh wow, I'd love that! Can we go to Tahiti? I've always wanted to go somewhere exotic.






Alfie: You should ask her how she can afford to take you on a trip, when she doesn't have any money to pay you.






Dizzie: Who cares? It's a beach vacation! Woo, hoo!






Lilly Faye: We're not going to Tahiti, Diz. It's too far away.

Dizzie: Hawaii, then?

Lilly Faye: Hawaii is almost as far away as Tahiti.





Dizzie: The Caribbean?






Lilly Faye: Somewhere closer.






Dizzie: Hmmmm. I know! Cape Cod! There's a huge Portuguese population in Cape Cod. I could immerse myself in my native culture...the people...the language...the food. I can't wait to taste salt cod and sweet bread. I can almost smell the fish stew already!






Alfie: Something about this does smell fishy.

Lilly Faye: Closer, Diz.





Dizzie: Closer than Cape Cod? How close, exactly, Boss?







Lilly Faye: We'll walk!


To be continued...



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!