Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Dizzie's Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show Report--Day 1

Dear Readers,
Let's get a report on the first day of the 2014 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show from my blog intern, Dizzie.





Lilly Faye: Welcome, Diz. I see you no longer resemble a French Poodle.






Dizzie: That's right, Boss. My groomer was able to rectify the situation, and I'm feeling and looking more like myself now.

Lilly Faye: That's good. Tell us what happened on night one of the big show in New York City.

Dizzie: Four group winners were chosen Monday night...Nathan, a Bloodhound representing the Hound Group, Classie, a Miniature Pincher representing the Toy Group, Coco Posh, a Cardigan Welsh Corgi representing the Herding Group, and a gorgeous white female Standard Poodle named Ally representing the Non-Sporting Group.

They will all compete with the winners of the Sporting, Working, and Terrier Groups for Best in Show tonight in Madison Square Garden.

Of course, I'm most interested in the Portuguese Water Dog Breed Competition that takes place this afternoon at Piers 92/94. Thirteen PWDs are entered. It will be exciting to see so many of my kind all together in one place, right there on the Hudson River. I'll report back tomorrow.




Lilly Faye: Thanks for your report, Diz. 

He sure sounded excited. I'm glad I took a chance and decided to send him on assignment to cover the show. 

Wait a minute. Did he say he was heading to the piers? On the Hudson River? To mingle with thirteen other Portuguese Water Dogs?

To be continued....



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!