Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Monday, February 3, 2014

Lilly Faye and Dizzie Review the Super Bowl


Dear Readers,
I don't really have a favorite football team, so I usually root for the underdog, which in this case was the Seattle Seahawks. 

The Denver Broncos should have prepared for the big game by reading Amy Tan's, The Bonesetter's Daughter. In Tan's novel, Precious Auntie says to LuLing... 
"A person should consider how things begin. A particular beginning results in a particular end."
The Broncos started off on the wrong paw right away, and their game went downhill from there. 

The Seahawks arrived on the field knowing what they wanted to accomplish, and they worked as a team to get the job done. 

Don't you agree, Diz?





Yep. I got confused though. When we watch football at my house, all the players are wearing short pants and kicking a round, black and white ball. 

Lilly Faye: That's soccer, Diz.

Dizzie: THE MASTER says it's proper football. 

Also, I was disappointed that there wasn't any snow. The people on the TV kept saying there was gonna be snow. It's a lot more fun to run around and fall down in big piles of snow.

Lilly Faye: The players might disagree with you there, Diz. 



What did you think of the halftime show? Bruno Mars is one of my favorite performers. I have almost all of his songs on my iPod. And he looked as good as he sounded.



Diz: I switched over to the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet. That Ginger, the Old English Sheepdog mix, is quite a looker, and athletic, too! 

Also, I felt I needed to watch at least some of the Puppy Bowl in  support of my cousin Bo, who helped the First Lady open the show.

Lilly Faye: Yes, yes, alright, Diz. I know you'll join me in saying:

Congratulations, Seattle Seahawks!
Denver Broncos, Better Luck Next Time!
Bruno Mars, Two Paws Up!
Ginger, Dizzie would like your number!

Love, 
Lilly Faye

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!