Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show Report--Day 2 (Dizzie Makes a Splash!)

Dear Readers,

My blog intern Dizzie seems to be missing in action at the moment, so I'll give you a quick rundown on last night's competition. 

The Sporting Group was won by Riley, a female Irish Water Spaniel, the Working Group was won by Matisse, a male Portuguese Water Dog, and the Terrier Group was won by Sky, a female Wire Fox Terrier. 

The three of them, along with the Hound, Toy, Non-Sporting, and Herding Group winners chosen Monday night, competed for the 2014 Westminster Kennel Club's Best in Show title. Sky, the female Wire Fox Terrier, was the big winner.


Oh, hold on...it looks like Dizzie is checking in for a live chat session. 

Lilly Faye: Dizzie, where have you been since yesterday afternoon? I was getting worried about you.




Dizzie: Well, a funny thing happened, Boss. I was over at the Piers for the Portuguese Water Dog breed judging, boy was that place noisy, and when Matisse won, a spontaneous celebration broke out.

Someone, possibly me, yelled, "Everybody into the river!"

Lilly Faye: Dizzie, the Hudson River is filthy! You'll need vaccinations!

Dizzie: Funny, that's what the New York Port Authority officer said. But he must have been impressed with my athletic form when I made that flying dive into the Hudson, because he gave me a citation for it!

Lilly Faye: That doesn't mean what you think it does, Diz.

Dizzie: I just told him to send all the paperwork to the blog address.




Lilly Faye: Why do you look so blurry? Please tell me nothing bad happened to THE MASTER'S very expensive high resolution SLR camera, Diz. 





Dizzie: No worries, Boss. I made certain it was secure around my neck before I jumped into the river.

Gee, I wonder if THE MASTER will want to frame my citation and hang it on the wall!

Boss? I know there's a severe winter storm warning and all, but can you pick me up at the airport? Thanks!

Later, on the ride home from the airport...




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!