Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Monday, March 2, 2015

Gone Boy


Dear Readers,

Dizzie, my blog intern, hasn't shown up for work in a week, and he isn't answering his phone. I'm calling his brother Alfie to find out what's going on. I hope Diz isn't sick.



Alfie Cat: No, he hasn't been home either, Lilly Faye. Oddly enough, a big bunch of bananas disappeared at the same time Dizzie did. Maybe he was kidnapped by monkeys.



Lilly Faye: Now I'm really worried about Diz. It's so cold outside, anything could have happened to him. I'm calling his best pals, Doodle and Mac.


Meanwhile, in a newly discovered corner of his neighborhood...



Dizzie: Just what a young buck like me needs, my own bachelor pad! No more having to share with Alfie. I can turn off my electronic leash, a.k.a. my cell phone, and come and go as I please. I should have thought of this ages ago!


Back at Search Central...



Lilly Faye: Hello, Frank? Doodle said he'll search the beach, and Mac is going to hike The Trail and check the lake.

You know how Diz likes to lay in the snow. He could have fallen asleep, and been buried when a snow plow came by!



Mr. Frank: Don't you worry, Doll. I'll go out and personally dive into every mound of snow in the area. We'll find him.


Meanwhile...



Dizzie: This igloo is great! It has everything a dog could possibly want...a futon, a microwave, even a big screen TV. If only my Wi-Fi signal didn't go on the fritz every time I use the blender to make smoothies, it would be perfect.



Lilly Faye: I wish I had been able to pay Diz for his work here at the blog. Maybe then he would have taken his job more seriously. I don't know what I'd do without him.



Dizzie: Maybe I'll phone my out-of-town girlfriend Willow, and invite her down here for a few days. We could do some catching up!


(A blender whirrs.)



Lilly Faye: Hello, Cali? The more time that passes, the more danger Dizzie could be in. Maybe he fell through the ice and ended up in the river! This thing is bigger than us. We can't let Dizzie down. It's time to call in professional help.



Cali: I'm on it, Lilly Faye. I'll phone my local police contacts, and have them alert the State Police and the Coast Guard.



Mr. Frank: I'll call the TV stations and the newspaper, Doll.



Lilly Faye: Alfie, let's call everybody we can think of who ever met Diz.


While back at the igloo...


Dizzie: I wonder if I should call Alfie and the Boss, and let them know I won't be around for awhile? 

Nah, their phones are busy, and it's time for SportsCenter. I'll call them tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!