Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Monday, March 23, 2015

My Romantic Date With Frank (Part 1)


Mr. Frank: I've planned a romantic date for us, Doll, just like you asked me to.



Lilly Faye: Thanks, Frank. We've both been spending too much time with other dogs, and not enough time with each other. If we're going to be a real couple, it's important that we invest time in our relationship.



Mr. Frank: Do you know where you're going, Doll? Can you see out okay?



Lilly Faye: Relax, Frank. I do what the GPS tells me. When it says turn, I turn the wheel.

GPS: Turn right.

HONK!

Lilly Faye: Well, that was rude.



Mr. Frank: There's heavy traffic all around us, Doll. Try to maintain a steady speed.



Lilly Faye: I'll jump down and give it some gas whenever the car starts slowing down too much. With these fuel injectors, you can coast a long way without actually pushing on the accelerator.



Mr. Frank: There's the parking garage, Doll.



Lilly Faye: I prefer to park on the street. It's so easy to just pull up and turn off the car.



Mr. Frank: I hope the driver of the car parked between us and the curb doesn't need to leave before we do.



Lilly Faye: You worry too much, Frank.

A few minutes later...



Mr. Frank: This is where I wanted to bring you, Doll.



Mr. Frank: I know it isn't La Seine in Paris, or the Grand Canal in Venice...



Mr. Frank: ...but it's ours, if you want it to be.



Lilly Faye: Oh, Frank, it's the most beautiful and romantic place I've ever seen. From now on, it's our special place.



Mr. Frank: Let's take a stroll.




Lilly Faye: Race ya!



Mr. Frank: Wait for me, Doll!

To be continued...

4 comments:

  1. Unbelievably romantic! I'm so happy to see this lovable pair out and about on the town. What a truly beautiful spot to take Lilly Faye on a date. These two always make my day and Lilly Faye's driving is amazingly reminiscent of my own, so my sister would say. Thank you for sharing their lighthearted frolic and I await part two of their date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We must be kindred spirits when it comes to driving!

      Frank and I experienced a bit of serendipity on the second half of our date. It couldn't have been more perfect. I hope you'll think so, too!

      Delete
  2. Hi and thanks for stopping by my website!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Carol. Thanks for returning the favor!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!