Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Monday, May 18, 2015

Lilly Faye's Movie Review: Interstellar, starring Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, and Michael Caine


Dear Readers,

Interstellar is set in the near future, when worldwide crop failures, drought, and a 1930s-type Dust Bowl have humanity scrambling to find a new habitable planet for the human race. A secret NASA project sends Cooper (Matthew McConaughey), a former astronaut, now a farmer, on an interstellar search mission via a wormhole.

What did we learn from the movie, boys?



Mr. Frank: Gravity seems to be the answer to everything.



Alfie Cat: Big deal. Cats have been defying gravity for eons.

THUD!



Alfie Cat: Oof! What happened?!



Lilly Faye: I think love is the answer, Frank. Interstellar is all about love as the motivation for survival against all odds.

Interstellar isn't just about science and space travel. It's also about multi-generational family relationships. I found that heartwarming.



Dizzie: I found myself invested in the characters, Boss. And I couldn't figure out how the movie was going to end, which is unusual for me.



Lilly Faye: That's true. Thirty minutes into every movie, Dizzie predicts how it's going to end.




Dizzie: And I'm usually right! 



Lilly Faye: Interstellar is an intense and suspenseful movie. It has magnificent visuals, and an excellent musical score by Hans Zimmer. The music alone kept me on the edge of my seat.



Mr. Frank: Aren't we going to talk about the dinner I prepared?




Lilly Faye: Of course, Frank. Tell our readers what you made for us this week.



Mr. Frank: I made Cajun Shrimp and Rice with Andouille Sausage. I also made homemade corn muffins, as an homage to Matthew McConaughey's character, who grows corn in the movie.




Lilly Faye: Too bad Dizzie ate most of the corn muffins before the movie even started!



Dizzie: It's a long movie, 2 hours and 48 minutes! I needed to keep up my strength. Think about bringing more muffins next time, Frank.



Lilly Faye: You can watch the official Interstellar trailer here.

The moviemakers did an excellent job of recreating the look of the 1930s Dust Bowl. You can learn more about the actual historical event here: Ken Burns' The Dust Bowl.

Time to rate the movie, boys!

Dizzie: Two Paws Up! I really liked it.

Frank: Two Paws Up! Although, the subject of crop failure and lack of food diversity is the stuff of nightmares for a chef, like me.

Alfie Cat: Two Paws Up! For its focus on time, space, and relativity, subjects near and dear to any cat's heart.

Lilly Faye: Two Paws Up! For themes of love, and the triumph of the human spirit.

Dear Readers,
If you like movies about families, adventure, and space travel, you'll enjoy Interstellar.

Love,
Lilly Faye

2 comments:

  1. Mr Frank has outdone himself once again! Cajun Shrimp with Andouille Sausage? I didn't know that folks so far north of me cooked such dishes. The presentation of the food was gorgeous and very delicious I'm sure! Oh yeah, the movie review was well done. I tend to focus on Mr Frank and his dishes! 😄😄😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martha! It was delicious. Wish you and Bandit and Lil Dot could have joined us! We like to spice here it up at the blog. Frank can cook almost any kind of food, and the rest of us like to eat, so it works out well. I'll make sure Frank sees your comment. He takes his cooking very seriously.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!