Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day 2015


Dear Readers,

The last Monday in May is Memorial Day in the United States. It's when Americans pause to remember all those who died in service to our country. We honor the memories of those brave men and women, and thank their families for their sacrifice.


Mr. Frank: Hi, Doll.



Lilly Faye: Hello, Frank. I was just thinking about all the people who have given their lives for our country.

I was also thinking about dear friends who have passed away. SweetPea, and Busty Cat, and of course my beloved fiance, Jakey Wakey, the greatest Briard who ever lived.



Mr. Frank: I know you miss them all, Doll. 

Lilly Faye: I'm sorry, Frank. I didn't mean to be insensitive by bringing up Jake.



Mr. Frank: It's okay. I know you had a life before we got together. I did, too. Of course, it isn't quite the same for me. Crystal is still alive, so I could see her anytime I want.



Lilly Faye: Wait. What? Who?



Mr. Frank: My former girlfriend, Crystal the Basset Hound, from my old neighborhood. Didn't I ever mention her?



Lilly Faye: No, you certainly did not. That's not something I would forget!



Mr. Frank: It was just a crush. I used to tease her by pulling her long ears.



Lilly Faye: I didn't realize you prefer long ears, Frank. I could let the hair on my ears grow longer. I only had them bobbed for the summer heat.



Mr. Frank: It's nothing to get upset over, Doll. I love your cute little ears! Besides, I haven't thought of Crystal once since you and I got together. You believe me, don't you?



Lilly Faye: I suppose so. It's just a lot to take in. I could use a little time to myself, Frank.

Mr. Frank: Sure, Doll.




Mr. Frank: I gotta make it right with Doll Face.



Lilly Faye: Oh, Frank, I'm so glad you came back! I'm embarrassed about the way I acted earlier. We're not young pups. Of course you've dated other girls before me. I let the green-eyed monster get the better of me. But it's only because I love you so much.

Mr. Frank: No need to be embarrassed, Doll. You're the only girl for me! Here, I brought you some flowers. I picked them myself. My sister Ceecee had the idea to dye some of them blue.



Lilly Faye: I'm the luckiest girl in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!