Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Monday, September 29, 2014

A Bird in the Hand...


Alfie Cat: What can I do for you today, Lilly Faye?



Lilly Faye: Two more blog readers in Italy have sent me messages in Italian, along with their photos. I'd like you to help me figure out what they say.

The first one is from Luigi in Venice.




Alfie Cat: I'm no expert in Italian, but according to Google Translate, it looks like Luigi is dissing Franco, the poodle from Amalfi who wrote to you last week. Luigi says his friends tell him dogs from Amalfi are not to be trusted, especially ones wearing bow ties. Luigi wants you to choose him, instead.



Lilly Faye: Luigi is cute, but I thought Franco was pretty cute, too, and I liked Franco's bow tie.

The second message is from Paolo, also in Venice. 





Alfie Cat: Paolo says your neighbor, Mr. Frank the English Bulldog, is too big for such a little girl. 

Paolo is suggesting that he is just the right size for you.



Lilly Faye: Oh, my. All this attention is very flattering, but these Italian dogs really come on strong. They are serious flirts!

Besides, Mr. Frank and I are in the early stages of a relationship. What am I going to do?



Alfie Cat: I never thought I'd say these words, Lilly Faye, but your neighbor Frank may be your best bet.



Lilly Faye: Frank does treat me very well.



Alfie Cat: And he can cook!

Dear Readers,
Sometimes we let our heads be turned by those who are out of reach, instead of appreciating the qualities of the nice guy right next door.

Love,
Lilly Faye


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!