Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Friday, September 5, 2014

The Customer Is Always Right


Lilly Faye: Hi, Frank. Did you hear anything strange last night?



Mr. Frank: Like what, Doll Face?



Lilly Faye: I heard an awful sound outside my window, like a huge walrus moaning in pain.



Mr. Frank: Nope, and I was practicing my tuba last night, so I'm sure I would have noticed it.



Lilly Faye: Oh. Never mind. I didn't know you played an instrument.



Mr. Frank: Oh, yeah, baby. My passion for music is as strong as my passion for food. It's my dream to one day sit in with the Preservation Hall Jazz Band in New Orleans.



Lilly Faye: You don't say. Speaking of food, now that fall is coming, I have a craving for pancakes.



Mr. Frank: Why didn't you say so? I'll make you some of my famous buckwheat hot cakes with loganberries.



Lilly Faye: I just want regular pancakes.



Mr. Frank: I know you'd love my quinoa griddle cakes with goat cheese and fig compote.

Lilly Faye: Uh, no thanks. I just want plain pancakes with butter and maple syrup.

Mr. Frank: How about Red Velvet pancakes stuffed with cream cheese and mini chocolate chips?

Lilly Faye: No.

Mr. Frank: Gingerbread pancakes with crumbled bacon and mascarpone?



Lilly Faye: What part of plain vanilla pancakes do you not understand?



Mr. Frank: I'm a professional chef. You need to learn to trust me.



Lilly Faye: You professional chefs and your demi-glace this and your confit that. Sometimes a body just wants plain old meat and potatoes!



Mr. Frank: I thought you said you wanted pancakes.



Lilly Faye: Aaaaggghhh!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!