Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Monday, April 20, 2015

Romance on the Beach, Part 1


Mr. Frank: You look gorgeous, Doll.



Lilly Faye: Thanks, Frank. You look very handsome, yourself.



Mr. Frank: I brought lunch...shrimp cocktail... fresh salad greens with avocado and cherry tomatoes...and for dessert, lemon poundcake with strawberries and cream.



Lilly Faye: Sounds delicious. I hope you also brought your swim suit.



Mr. Frank: Does that mean we're having our picnic on the beach?



Lilly Faye: You got it. Buckle up!

Vroom!



Mr. Frank: You'd better pull over, Doll. That police cruiser is flashing its lights.



Lilly Faye: He probably just wants my autograph. It happens all the time to famous internet bloggers.

Twenty minutes later...



Mr. Frank: Careless driving, failure to signal, failure to stay in your lane...I can't believe that policeman let you off with just a warning.



Lilly Faye: It's the pearls, Frank. They can't ticket you or arrest you if you're wearing pearls.



Mr. Frank: Where did you hear that?



Lilly Faye: Have you ever seen anyone wearing pearls in a mug shot?



Mr. Frank: No.



Lilly Faye: There you go. That proves it.



Lilly Faye: We're here!



Mr. Frank: Looks like we have the entire beach to ourselves.




Lilly Faye: It's just like in the movie, From Here to Eternity, Frank.

To be continued!

2 comments:

  1. I love this, so funny! I'll have to remember to wear pearls every time I'm in the driver's seat.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and sorry I couldn't stop by sooner, I was traveling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynn! It's true, a good string of pearls will take you a long way in life!
      Happy travels,
      Lilly Faye

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!