Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Friday, August 8, 2014

Lilly Faye's Book Review: Takedown Twenty by Janet Evanovich, Part 2 of 2


Dear Readers,

Today I'm pleased to introduce Mr. Frank's little sister, Callie Cat. She's going to help Alfie and me review Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum novel, Takedown Twenty.

Welcome, Callie Cat! I'm so glad you are able to join us from your home library, via Skype.



Callie Cat: Thank you for inviting me to your blog, Lilly Faye. Frank speaks very highly of you.



Lilly Faye: Does he? Tee-hee!! 

I have another friend and neighbor on the blog who is also named Cali, although she spells it differently.

Callie Cat: Feel free to call me Ceecee, so nobody gets confused.

Lilly Faye: Thanks, Ceecee! Alfie, say hello to Ceecee.




Lilly Faye: Alfie, why aren't you saying anything?



Ceecee: Maybe he's shy, like me.




Lilly Faye: He's certainly never been shy before. It might be an equipment problem on his end. Let's go ahead and start without him.

To set the scene, bounty hunter Stephanie Plum is trying to bring in mobster Salvatore Sunucchi, aka Uncle Sunny, for skipping bail on a murder charge. Stephanie's job is especially difficult, because it seems everyone in Trenton, including a few members of Joe Morelli's family, loves Uncle Sunny. Unfortunately for Stephanie, they are more than happy to help him hide from the authorities.

Stephanie Plum fans sometimes refer to this book as, "the one with the giraffe." That's because there is a subplot involving a giraffe running loose in Trenton. Lula, Stephanie's sidekick, takes a liking to the giraffe, and names him Kevin.

I don't know about you, Ceecee, but I thought the main plot, while well written, wasn't terribly different from the plots of other Stephanie Plum books. However, I loved the Lula and Kevin subplot. It kept me intrigued until the very end. I couldn't wait to find out all the answers, and I was not disappointed.




Ceecee: I agree, Lilly Faye. I also enjoyed reading about Stephanie's hamster Rex, and Joe's dog, Bob. Their antics never get old.

Lilly Faye: Grandma Mazur is always a hoot!

Ceecee: She sure is. And Lula never disappoints.

I'll have to say that for me, this book settled the eternal debate about who I want Stephanie to end up with, Morelli or Ranger. And the answer is...I want Stephanie to stay single. I never thought I'd say that, but Ranger is not the type to settle down, and Takedown Twenty proved Joe comes with too much baggage.




Lilly Faye: I couldn't agree more, Ceecee. Joe and Ranger make great boyfriends though, so she should definitely keep both of them around.

Excuse me a minute, while I contact my blog intern, Dizzie.

Diz...would you please check on Alfie for me? He isn't responding. His audio may be off.



Dizzie: Will do, Boss.

Alfie: Yawoooow!!!




Dizzie: Alfie was hyperventilating in his basket, but I grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and gave him a good shake. He'll be fine, Boss.




Lilly Faye: That's a relief. Thanks, Diz.

Well, this has been fun, Ceecee. I hope you'll join us again in the future.

Dear Readers, I recommend Takedown Twenty by Janet Evanovich for a light, breezy, summer read, or for anytime when you need a laugh. And if you're a longtime Stephanie Plum fan, this just might be the book that helps you make up your mind about Joe and Ranger.

Love,
Lilly Faye


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!