Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Order Up!


Lilly Faye: Hello, Frank. I haven't seen you out and about lately.



Mr. Frank: I've been spending a lot of time in the kitchen, working on my new fall menu. I like to feature seasonal dishes. Right now I'm perfecting my succotash recipe. 



Lilly Faye: Oh. I don't eat succotash. I'm not a big fan of lima beans.



Mr. Frank: I'll bet you'd like my Garden Fresh Succotash a la Frankie. I make it with fresh corn, diced red bell pepper, and edamame in place of the lima beans. I saute′ the vegetables with bacon lardons, and drizzle the finished dish with a balsamic reduction.



Lilly Faye: That does sound rather good. What do you serve with it?



Mr. Frank: It goes equally well with ham, chicken, and any barbecued meat, but I recommend it with my Maple Glazed Salmon Steak.



Lilly Faye: Hmm, okay, I'm game. I'll take an order of Succotash a la Frankie, with a Maple Glazed Salmon Steak.



Mr. Frank: What? Do I look like I'm running a restaurant?






Lilly Faye: Actually, yes. I thought that was the whole point of our conversation.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!