Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Straight From the Source


Lilly Faye: Hello, Frank. Are you still cooking?



Mr. Frank: Of course, Doll Face. Cooking is both my passion and my calling. I subscribe to the farm-to-table philosophy. I like to locally source all of my ingredients.



Lilly Faye: All of them? Isn't that difficult?



Mr. Frank: It can be, but it's worth it.



Lilly Faye: What do you consider local? Food grown in our state?

Mr. Frank: Oh, more local than that!

Lilly Faye: Within 50 or 100 miles?

Mr. Frank: Closer.

Lilly Faye: Food gown only in our city?


Mr. Frank: Even closer, if possible.



Lilly Faye: I don't understand. How can you get any more local than food grown within our city limits?



Mr. Frank: Would it be all right with you if I harvested parsley and tomatoes from your garden?



Lilly Faye: I suppose so. How many tomatoes do you need, Frank?



Mr. Frank: All of them. I'm canning enough savory tomato jam to last me through the coming year. Also, do you have any plums?



Lilly Faye: No.



Alfie Cat: Wouldn't his own yard be even closer?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!