Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Monday, January 12, 2015

Dizzie Goes to the Golden Globes


Dear Readers,
Dizzie, my blog intern, is just back from attending Sunday's Golden Globe Awards, and he's here today to give us the inside scoop!

Lilly Faye: Welcome back, Diz. First, tell us how this all came about.



Dizzie: Remember Chad, the young reporter from the television show Scandalous Hollywood Insiders Tonight, who interviewed me at the jail after last year's Academy Awards?



Lilly Faye: When you were arrested for running off with Pharrell's hat at the Oscar after-party?



Dizzie: I wasn't arrested, Boss. A bunch of us guys were temporarily detained for a few hours. It was all a misunderstanding, and we got it straightened out.

Anyway, Chad remembered that I'm pals with George Clooney, and his television show offered to pay my way to the Golden Globes this year. They wanted me to mix and mingle, and get a dog's-eye-view of the evening's festivities. I accepted, of course. Clooney was being honored with the Cecil B. DeMille Award for lifetime achievement, and besides, I hadn't seen him since his wedding in Venice!



Lilly Faye: I'll bet George was surprised to see you.



Dizzie: He sure was! I didn't get to spend as much time with him as I'd hoped, though. Turns out, Amal is the jealous type.

Lilly Faye: How so?

Dizzie: She kept trying to cut in between George and me.

Lilly Faye: Well, they are still newlyweds.

Dizzie: I'm just saying, she'd better give George some space, or that marriage isn't going to last.



Lilly Faye: There were so many big stars at the Golden Globes, what else can you tell us?



Dizzie: Brother and sister Jake and Maggie Gyllenhaal came as each other's date. They were so supportive of each other, just being around them made me miss my sister Nettie.




Lilly Faye: I was watching the show on television, and I noticed Jennifer Aniston appeared to have a little trip or stumble when she got up from her table to present an award. Do you think that was the champagne?



Dizzie: No, that was me. I was lying by her chair, and she almost fell over me. 



Lilly Faye: It's good you cleared that up for us!



Dizzie: Meryl was really enjoying herself, even though she didn't win. She kept running her hands through my hair and saying, "You're a nice doggy. Who let you in?" I think it was the champagne talking.

Lilly Faye: Really?

Dizzie: I had a nice chat with Helen Mirren, who was nominated for her movie, The Hundred-Foot Journey. It's about restaurateurs. Helen said she thinks Frank would really like it.



Lilly Faye: We should put that one on our watch list.

I thought Tina Fey and Amy Poehler did a bang-up job opening the show, but then they disappeared until it was almost over. Did you see them backstage? What were they doing all that time?



Dizzie: You should ask Prince about that, Boss. I'm sworn to secrecy.



Dizzie: Okay, thanks Diz. I know our readers appreciate your behind-the-scenes report.

And there you have it, folks. Our congratulations to all of this year's nominees and winners. Well done!

Love,
Lilly Faye


2 comments:

  1. Dizzie and Lilly Faye have such a great dynamic. He's so perfect for the Hollywood relations scene and she's so smart and stylish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Dizzie has really come a long way since he first started working as my blog intern. I'm proud of him.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!