Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Managing Expectations


Lilly Faye: How has the new year been for you so far, Frank?

Mr. Frank: It's too cold. It's hard to busk when my lips freeze to my tuba, and people just want to hurry in and out of the stores.



Lilly Faye: Why don't you take a few weeks off?

Mr. Frank: I'm trying to earn money for a special occasion.



Lilly Faye: What about your chef's skills? Have you thought of selling baked goods instead of busking?

Mr. Frank: I've asked around at a few restaurants, but they say there's no demand for my broccoli muffins or my black bean cakes.



Lilly Faye: Black bean cakes?

Mr. Frank: They look just like chocolate cake, but they're mostly fiber, so they're better for you.



Lilly Faye: Well, maybe you don't need as much money as you think you do, Frank. Simple pleasures are the best.

Mr. Frank: Do you really mean that, Doll?



Lilly Faye: Of course I do, Frank.

Mr. Frank: Thanks, Doll Face! What a relief! I was afraid you were expecting a fancy Valentine.



Lilly Faye: Wait, you mean we're talking about Valentine's Day?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!