Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Friday, January 2, 2015

Sunday Evening

(Dear Readers, this post mentions major plot points from the first four seasons of Downton Abbey. --LF)


Mr. Frank: What's up, Doll Face?



Lilly Faye: Season 5 of Downton Abbey starts tonight! Do you want to watch it together?



Mr. Frank: Isn't that a soap opera? 



Lilly Faye: No, it's a period piece, a high-quality British drama. You can tell because it's on PBS. 

It begins with Lady Mary's fiance dying on the Titanic before he can save Downton Abbey from financial ruin. Later Mary marries her cousin, and now she's widowed with a baby. Two men are pursuing her, and she can't make up her mind.



Mr. Frank: Uh-huh.



Lilly Faye: Mary's sister, Lady Sybil, marries the chauffeur and dies in childbirth, and their sister Edith falls in love with a married man and has his baby out of wedlock!



Mr. Frank: You don't say.



Lilly Faye: Lord Grantham is always about to go broke, and Anna and Bates are suspected of murder!



Mr. Frank: So it is a soap opera.



Lilly Faye: It's good, Frank. You should watch it with me.



Mr. Frank: Uh, no thanks. I've been so busy during the holidays that I've neglected my tuba. I really need to practice before I go out busking again. Sorry, Doll Face. Duty calls.



Lilly Faye: You don't know what you're missing, Frank.


Later, next door at Frank's place...



Mr. Frank: Ceecee, I just dodged a bullet! Doll Face wanted me to watch Downton Abbey with her. I told her I had to practice my tuba.

Ceecee: Oh my goodness, Season 5 starts tonight! It's a good thing you reminded me, Frank. Warm up the TV, and I'll fix us some tea and biscuits.



Mr. Frank: What ever happened to a fellow being king of his own castle?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!